Monday, November 5, 2012

One Month

Reece is one month old today. Each day this month, I'm posting on facebook one thing that I'm grateful for. Today, I was tempted to post this since one month ago today, I was in labor:


Oh, epidurals truly are amazing.

Anyways, back to Reece and how she's doing!
She is still a perfect baby. Sleeps and eats really well. Doesn't cry unless she wants something (to eat, be held, or poop). 
She's getting a lot stronger when it comes to lifting her head. She can even hold it up for a good length of time.
She is still wearing newborn size clothing. Some of the 0-3 month clothes fit, but most of them are still too big.
She is consistently sleeping 5 hour stretches each night, which is WONDERFUL. Feels so good to get that much sleep at once. Hopefully in another month, we'll have her sleeping through the night.

When she was first born, I saw so much of Derek in her. I had a hard time seeing much resemblance to me. But now that Reece is getting older, I see more and more of me in her every day.

Who do you think she looks more like? I have a hard time deciding. I think she's a pretty good mix of the both of us.

But, Reece and I have a few similarities! We were both born on the day after our due date, and she was born at 6:41pm and I was born at 6:42pm. Pretty cool, huh? 
Well, I think so.
Reece and I even make similar faces and have the same nose:


And now, here she is in her church outfit yesterday! There is a possibility that I might be obsessed with my baby.


Pictures of her from today... one month old!








3 comments:

  1. I have always been able to see Derek in her, too, but in those pictures you put up on this post, I think she looks more like you. :) And holy cow! In one of those pictures from today, she totally looks like Piper! So fun! And if you seriously have her sleeping through the night in one month, you HAVE to tell me your secret! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She def has your nose! ...thats adorable! She is so cute. Blayke can't wait to play with Reece! This age is tiring for a mom but it's so adorable! LOVE this squishy stage. and Blayke just slept through the night last night so Reece could def be on her way! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait to see you guys too!! I can't wait to meet Blayke and let our girls get to know each other, haha. They'll still be pretty little, but think of all the cute pictures! :)

      Delete