Sometimes I wish I needed glasses so that I could feel like I was created by the words of a writer in Hollywood working on the next big film. I'm sitting in my bed with an oversized sweatshirt on, my hair in a messy bun, a cup of hot chocolate on my night stand, and I'm typing away on my computer. Is it just me that feels like this could be a scene from a movie? If only I had the glasses. Oh well. I still feel a little bit like Meg Ryan in "You've Got Mail." However, I'm blogging. Not instant messaging Tom Hanks.
Have you ever felt that way? Like your life could be a movie? There's this show on Lifetime right now called "My Life is a Lifetime Movie." Luckily, unlike those poor, unlucky women, my life has never felt like that kind of movie. You know, the kind where you and your husband are happily married with three kids when you find out that he's not really a general contractor but a hit man for the mob. Or that he moonlights as a drag queen who had an affair with a politician and was murdered because he threatened to go public with it and now your family is in danger. Yeah. Lifetime movies are certainly quite ridiculous.
So, no, my life has never felt like a Lifetime movie. But, there are those moments during certain days where the thought crosses my mind, "If there was a perfectly themed song playing right now, this could be a scene from a movie." Like the time that I was at the grocery store and somehow ended up knocking seven cans off the shelf. I still have no idea how I managed that one. The kind employee who was nearby helped me stack them back up, and then he asked if I was finding everything okay. I responded, "It might not seem that way, but I'm doing just fine." He gave me a pity laugh. Throughout the rest of my shopping trip I kept ending up on the same aisle as that employee (part of me wonders if he followed me), and he would kindly smile each time he saw me. If that was in a movie, it would be the "meet cute."
Or the time when I sang a song, and accompanied myself on the piano, and a cute young man in the audience finally got up the courage to introduce himself. Sadly, I was seeing someone else at the time. He pursued, but all of his efforts, his right and left turns in his pursuit, only brought him to dead ends. However, a few months later I was single, once again, and he finally got up the courage to ask me out. It was only after the third date that I realized I liked him. A lot. If that was a scene in a movie, it would be the point at which the "cute and funny friend" becomes the "handsome and hilarious more than friend."
So, even though I don't have glasses to perfect what I think could be a scene from a movie, parts of my life totally could be. Because that second example that I gave is how Derek and I met. There are a lot of other things that happened during our meeting/dating. If I took the time to type all of them out, they would convince you that the meeting/dating part of our lives should be a movie. Trust me. It's quite funny and entertaining. But, I'm ready to be done staring at this screen. And, Derek ran to the store to get more hot chocolate (the man knows me all too well) and he should be home soon. Good thing, because my cup is about to be empty.
Yep. Empty.

No comments:
Post a Comment