Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend in Boise!

Derek, Reece, and I went to Boise this last weekend to see family. Reece got to meet her Grandma Dorene and Grandpa Craig, and her Great-Grandma Barbara!

We left Friday morning around 11:45 and got to Boise around 4:00pm. We spent some time with Grandma, where she gave Reece some fun things! She gave her a hooded towel (it's so big and warm and cuddly, and pretty too!), a pair of socks (SO cute), and a headband that I just die over every time I look at it. I love it!

 The darling headband and socks that Reece got (left) and Reece after her bath this morning, all cuddled up in her new towel (right).

Then we went over to Great-Grandma's house for dinner, where she got to spend time with Grandpa! Reece's first night away from home (since coming home) went pretty well! She didn't sleep as well as she usually does, but I figured she wouldn't since she was in a new place. But all things considered, she did great.


Saturday morning we got up and were able to go on a tour of the Boise Temple. It is absolutely beautiful. I don't have the words to accurately depict how incredibly beautiful it is on the inside, but the temple is gorgeous. As we were walking through, I was amazed at the amount of detail. Temples are amazing.

Derek, Reece, and I outside the Boise Temple. Please do me the courtesy of ignoring my fat face and bad hair. Focus on the cute baby.
After the tour of the temple we went to Uncle Mark and Aunt Christine's to visit them and let Reece have some much needed time with Grandma. It was so fun to get to see everybody and visit! We love spending time with family. It makes us happy.

Nap & cuddle time with Grandma
We went to the Boise State University Bookstore and looked around. They have some darling baby clothes there! Afterward we went to Target. I love that store! Reece got a cute Christmas outfit too.

 I love Reece's half grin in the picture on the left and how sleepy she is in the picture on the right. These were taken while we were at Target.

Then we went back to Uncle Mark and Aunt Christine's where Reece got passed around, and loved, and cuddled. She was loving it. I could tell. We had a delicious dinner with some of my favorite dessert (brownies and ice cream, a classic) while watching the BSU game. They killed Hawaii. It was kind of sad.

 Reece sleeping at Uncle Mark and Aunt Christine's.


Then we went back and put Reece to bed. She was pretty tuckered out, so she slept really well! We got up the next morning, packed up our stuff, switched cars with Derek's dad (our little Honda doesn't do too well in the snow, so we figured we'd be much safer with an Expedition this winter, especially now that we have Reece), and Great-Grandma Barbara took us out for brunch.

Sleeping at Great-Grandma Morgan's. About to wake up.

My sleepy family.  Trying to wake up and get ready to go.
When we were all done eating, we headed out of town! We stopped on our way home in Pocatello to have dinner with Quinton and his family. When we got home, it was freezing outside! So I hurriedly went in and fed Reece while Derek was trying to be as fast as he could be in bringing everything in from the car.

It was a really fun weekend! We loved getting to see family and being able to let Reece meet her grandparents! She has now met both sets of them. She's a lucky girl to have accomplished that being only a month old. We can't wait until Christmas when we get to be around all of our family again!

No comments:

Post a Comment