Monday, February 28, 2011

Two Months

Today marks two months for me and Derek as an old married couple. It's been interesting, learning all the new things about each other. I'll share a few.

  1. I tend to fall asleep in the middle of the bed, then roll onto my left side and take the covers with me, leaving Derek with almost nothing.
  2. I like to go to bed around 9:30 or 10:00 when I have work in the morning. Derek doesn't.
  3. Derek would eat nothing but Doritos and Taco Bell and drink nothing but Mountain Dew if I would let him. But I won't.
  4. Derek loves sports. I do as well, however I don't think I've ever watched this much basketball on television in my life.
  5. I'm a huge fan of reading and there are two or three books that I want to read as a couple. Derek isn't wild about the idea. 
  6. We both love to shop for things that we can decorate or use in our apartment.  
  7. Neither of us ever thought we would ever be excited to get back to Rexburg. But we are.

I love being married. And I am really starting to enjoy watching basketball and I'm even starting to recognize some of the players! I feel smarter now! Also, while drinking soda is not good for you (the ridiculous excess sugar intake in the average American's diet is mainly caused by soda) I have to admit, I love me some Mountain Dew. And even though Derek isn't wild about reading books with me, he still does and I have yet to hear a complaint. 

3 comments:

  1. You guys are cute! I always want west to read with me...but he wont! little terd. I'm excited to hang out with you guys in Rexburg (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read out loud to Tom when we are traveling and he has to drive for hours. We've read a lot of good books that way... You guys are sweet. So glad you're happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds very familiar...except for the sports thing. Jay couldn't care less about watching sports on tv. Maybe the more you read to Derek, the more he will enjoy it. That's one of our favorite things to do together! Happy Two Months! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete