I swear I hit the snooze button at least four times before Derek managed to ask while half asleep,
“Tay, are you going to work today?”
“Yeah, I should.”
“I think you should take the day off and relax… it’s your birthday.”
“Tay, are you going to work today?”
“Yeah, I should.”
“I think you should take the day off and relax… it’s your birthday.”
And then we both fell asleep again. I woke up precisely 9 minutes later to my alarm again, and this time turned off the switch. That was when I decided I wasn’t going to go to work. I got out of bed, put on my exercise clothes, and went downstairs while Derek was getting ready.
“Have a good day Derek! Sell lots!”
“Okay. I will.”
“Okay. I will.”
As soon as I shut the door, I ran upstairs to grab my book and my shoes and headed to the bike to exercise while reading Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want. It’s a good book, the third one of five. I’m entertained by it. I showered, talked to Michelle for 45 minutes and then talked to Adam for about 20.My phone rang. It was my mom.
“Taylor, I’m here at Costco and was going to get your cheesecake but then I saw that there is this red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. Which one do you want?”
Of course I chose the red velvet.
I worked on a few projects that day, watched “UP” and “The Incredibles” and then Derek got home from work carrying a huge gift bag that said “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” on it.
For dinner we had steak, mashed sweet potatoes, cooked carrots, salad, and mom’s homemade rolls. Delicious. Then the party started.
The Bronsons came, Dorene came, and then it was me, Morgan, Mom, Dad, and Derek. Smaller group than usual, but very fun!
New workout pants, tank top, and zip up jacket. Costco variety pack of gum. Big box of fruit snacks. Five different candy bars and three pairs of really cute earrings. Macy’s gift card with an adorable coin purse. iTunes gift card. A new Baby Lock sewing machine.
A big bag of pretzel M&M’s. A Wii.
A big bag of pretzel M&M’s. A Wii.
When I opened the big bag from Derek and saw that there was a Wii in there, I said, "Derek, what’d you do?!” But I’m so excited!
It was a good birthday; full of relaxation, a good book, good movies, and wonderful company. Birthdays would not be as much of a celebration without your family surrounding you. I miss my three sisters and their husbands that are not here in Washington, but I’m grateful that we have the technology that we do so that we can constantly keep in touch. I love my family! And I’m pretty sure I have the best husband. Ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment