Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday

Waking up this morning was probably one of the hardest things I've had to accomplish in a long time. I sat on the edge of the bed for about five minutes working up the energy to go get in the shower and leave the warmth and comfort of the blue room. I muttered "I hate Mondays," under my breath as I walked to the bathroom. But, this Monday would be different!

It's not often that I blog about my life is plain terms. Most of the time I try to artistically and creatively disguise it in some sort of elaborate metaphor. But today, you're getting the live feed from my day. And let me tell you, it's been a great one so far!

As a newly married young lady trying to save money for college, I am taking advantage of every opportunity I have to earn a nickel or two. Being home for the months of January through April is rather convenient considering that the high school and junior high Solo & Ensemble contests are in February and March, and that I play piano. Thus, I am accompanying quite a few students in both the junior high and high school bands for their solos.  
Band always gives me more students than choir and that is what I was expecting this year. But to my shock, amazement, and deliriously happy surprise, choir has the potential to outweigh band! I got a phone call from my old choir director today telling me that she could possibly have 6 - 10 students for me to accompany. That means that I will be earning significantly more from solo & ensemble than I EVER expected to. 

I also work at a quilt shop and it is a fantastic job. With consistent hours from 9 am - 1 pm Monday through Friday, I am a pretty happy girl right now! Life is going great. It's been one of those days where you find yourself smiling for no reason whatsoever, and you still don't stop.

And to think. Today is Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment