Sunday, September 5, 2010

Just a Fly By Kinda Time

I am back in Rexburg. Very happy to be so, but this past "summer" break felt like it lasted three days, twelve hours, and 27 minutes... but that's just an approximation. It just flew by. I went from being single, to being engaged, to Lake Roosevelt in Eastern Washington, to Collierville, TN. In between I was at work, spending time with Derek and his family, or hanging out with my family.  Life flew by, wedding plans are in the making, and I am excited for this new semester of school. My little brother is here, my sister and her husband and their adorable baby boy are here, my best friend is here, and my best friend/fiance is here as well. 

How could things get any better? 

As I sit on this air mattress in the second bedroom of my sister's apartment I'm trying to remember how it felt to be leaving Rexburg. And then I reflected on how much my life changed once I got engaged. It's like my life is on hold because nothing as amazing as getting married could possibly happen between now and December 28. So my current mission: stay focused on school and wedding plans to try and make these next 3 months and 23 days a fly by kinda time.

Here are a few select pictures from my fun times this summer:

None of use are looking at the camera... besides Jace. This photo also happens to be the only group shot where Jace is looking at the camera. Love it.

My brother-in-law, Adam, took some fun shots of Derek and I.

This is a shot from a night that my family, Derek, and I spent out on the Puget Sound.

Me holding my beautiful niece Riley.

No comments:

Post a Comment