Friday, December 7, 2012

Reece: Two Months

I know this probably sounds silly to those of you who have had children for a while, but I am blown away by the fact that Reece is two months old!


These last two months have been SO fun! Reece is such a sweet and happy baby. She was two months old this last Wednesday. We went to the doctor's office for her two month check up. Her stats kind of surprised us... at her two week check up she was in the 25th percentile for weight and the 63rd percentile for her height. This month:

Reece weighs 10 pounds, putting her in the 30th percentile. She's 21.75 inches long, putting her in the 21st percentile. 

When the doctor looked at her results, he said, "Well, I would expect her height to start going up." Then he paused to look at us, chuckled, and said, "But I guess that just depends on who she takes after!" So we'll see. I guess she could take after me and be a short little girl. I just hope that if we have any boys in the future that they take after Derek for their height!

Some things about Reece:
  1. She loves to be sung to.
  2. She smiles ALL the time.
  3. She loves to talk and be talked to.
  4. She blows a million spit bubbles every single day.
  5. She loves to stick her tongue out.
  6. She loves her baths. I put her in her little tub, and she just relaxes in the little hammock thing. Her arms and legs go limp and she looks like she is in heaven. I love it.
  7. She smiles each time she sneezes, farts, or coughs.
  8. She knows Derek's and my voice. Sometimes when I see Derek drive in from work, I won't say anything. That way, when he comes in the door and says hi to Reece, I can see her react to his voice. She automatically looks around for him.
  9. She sleeps 8-9 hours each night, and has been doing that for two weeks now. Let's hope it continues!
  10. She fits into her newborn onesies still, but the pants are all too short. But all of her 0-3 month pants are too long. 
Reece is just the SWEETEST baby ever! I can't believe she is already two months old. She is our perfect little peanut.


Left:  A lazy Saturday morning. Right: A night with the cousins.


Left: Hanging out with dad at the Carson's. Right: Laying on the blanket Grandma Thetford made her.

Left & Right: Two months old!


No comments:

Post a Comment