Is anyone else freaking out that I will have a baby? In a month?
Okay.
Maybe it's just me.
But I just might be freaking out.
Don't get me wrong, it is incredibly exciting and I cannot wait to meet my sweet little girl and kiss her cheeks. But I'm freaking out at the fact that I will be Mom to that little girl.
I'm 8 months pregnant today. And man, I feel P-R-E-G-N-A-N-T. I don't realize how full my face is getting until I look at a picture of myself. But! I'm still in pre-pregnancy jeans. So that makes me feel somewhat okay. However, I was greeted this morning by my ever so sweet husband with this: "Hey fatty, whatcha doin?"
Don't worry. I gave him a really good glare. He laughed and said, "Of course I'm kidding! You're pregnant!"
Maybe being a dad to a little girl will bring out Derek's sweet side.
I've got my hospital bag all packed with a list of the things in the front pocket that I use every day that I will want to have with me so I won't forget them.
A couple months ago, Derek and I were walking through Porter's, and we saw a blanket made of minkee fabric that we loved! While I was in Washington a couple weeks ago, Derek bought me a kit to make that blanket that we loved. The only difference is that the colors aren't pink and brown, they're green and gray. It's beautiful! I've made some progress on it.
The fall semester starts in a week, so that is when I will officially lose my husband. I'
ll be at home by myself.
Basically all day.
But I went over to Abbie's last week and she taught me how to crochet. Hopefully that will occupy my time and I'll get good enough at it to make a beanie for the baby!
30 MORE DAYS



Well, ya know, I'm home all day too, so feel free to stop by anytime!
ReplyDelete