Thursday, July 12, 2012

TMI

If you have issues with reading the word uterus, reading about a woman's uterus, or more specifically reading about my uterus, then you might not want to read this post.

If you are perfectly comfortable with it, then I hope you enjoy.

This baby girl that is constantly moving around has been head-down the entire time. When I had my 12 week ultrasound, the tech noted that my uterus has a little "dip" in it that kind of forces the baby into a certain position. 

Basically, she's stuck. 

I just really love this picture. It's perfect because my
biggest pregnancy craving so far has been ice cream.
At my 19 week ultrasound, the dip was even more obvious since she had grown since my 12 week ultrasound. At my ultrasound on Tuesday, she is still head-down because of that dip. At least she's not stuck the other way around!

So while some expectant mothers might be able to say, "Ugh, the baby is jumping on my bladder!" or "Oh my goodness, that was a stomp on my bladder!", I get to say, "Holy crap, she just punched me in the bladder!" And then run to the bathroom. 
This also means that every little kick (or more like ninja kick! Crap, it hurts sometimes) is higher up. I haven't had any true "rib shots" yet, but she does kick quite hard. And sometimes she hits something that just doesn't feel very... comfortable. 

So, all thanks to the dip in my uterus, I have a bladder-punching ninja baby. And I think it's awesome.

2 comments:

  1. i know the feeling!!! hannah would push her foot up against my rib SO hard and then it would POP when her foot slipped off. OUCH! no bueno. i had the same placenta deal as you too and anterior placenta. lotsa fun stuff. and the bladder thing....hahahaha....oh taylor.....just wait.

    ReplyDelete