Since school has been out, Derek and I have been experimenting more with baking! I have always loved to bake, and it's something that just makes me happy. However, it is not good for my current goal of being healthier. But I love it!
On Sunday night, we had a roast from the crock pot for dinner, and decided to try out a crock pot dessert! Derek had been eyeing a recipe called "Brownie Bottoms" for a while and we just so happened to have all the ingredients.
This is a typical Derek photo. But I love it.
They turned out really well! However, I would suggest that you use milk chocolate chips (like in the recipe) and not semi-sweet. While I am a dark chocolate fan, these definitely need the truly sweet taste. And they're probably best when served with vanilla ice cream. We just didn't have any on hand.
Last night we brought our friends Jessica and Tanner some dinner, because just last week Jessica had a baby! She's a beautiful little girl, and we are so excited for them. So we decided to make them some Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. While I was putting the chicken into the skillet and talking to my mom, Derek decided to snap a photo.
While these enchiladas are not an experiment because I've made them many times before, they're one of our favorites!
Just today I decided to try a recipe for some Chicken BLT wraps. They sounded delicious... and they don't look too bad... but they turned out kinda gross. I give the recipe a big thumbs down. But, I now know exactly how much is too much filling for a six inch tortilla.
After dinner Derek very sweetly cleaned up the fridge for us. I love my husband.
And then I tried out a new pudding-pie recipe. Super simple and easy, but I love pudding. It was delicious!
Wow my mouth is watering just looking at those pictures. Also the other day I went to make some chicken enchiladas and remembered when you made your Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas for us. They were SO good!! Hope you are doing well :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, I'm glad they look appetizing! And you want to know a secret about my enchiladas? If you do, I'll send you a message on facebook, haha.
ReplyDeleteYes I do want to know the secret! They were seriously so good, I still remember them :)
ReplyDelete