I was bored today and decided to bake! A recipe for chocolate chip cookies has been sitting on my computer for a while and I've been wanting to try it out. The recipe is simple and quick to put together.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (or 310 degrees F for convection bake). Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together and set aside. Mix the sugars and melted butter just until thoroughly mixed, then add egg, yolk, and vanilla. Mix until creamy. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just blended - don't over mix!
Next, drop the dough onto your cookie sheet. I use the medium sized ice cream scoop from Pampered Chef. It is the perfect size for cookies, and it has a squeeze handle which makes for a very easy, clean process.
I use the rectangle stone from Pampered Chef for all of my baking. I LOVE IT.
The recipe tells you to bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes depending upon the size of the cookie. The first time around I baked the cookies for 14 minutes. I took them out even though they didn't look completely done because when using stoneware, the cookies continue to bake after you take them out.
Let the cookies cool on the pan for a few minutes, and then move them to a cooling rack. For the next two batches I only put the cookies in for ten minutes. But, if you're using a regular cookie sheet and not a stone, 13-14 minutes will be great.
Once the cookies have cooled on the cooling rack, enjoy them with a nice glass of milk!

No comments:
Post a Comment