Tonight Derek and I went over to Abbie and Adam's for a combined Family Home Evening. I think one of my favorite things about going over to their house is walking in and seeing Jace's face light up with a smile and say, "Gee!" That is his word for Derek. Gee... with a hard "g" sound. It's so cute! I love how much he loves his Uncle Derek.
I sat down on the couch next to Abbie and we started chatting. Little Hallie looked so cute in a pink, pink, pink outfit. I love little baby girls in pink. And the best part, also Abbie's favorite part of the outfit, were the ruffles on the bum of her pants. Thanks to cousin Riley for that one!
I gave the lesson for Family Home Evening. Using Elder Paul V. Johnson's talk, "More Than Conquerors Through Him That Loved Us" I talked about trials, how they are a part of everyone's life, but if we can handle our afflictions properly and see that we will learn and grow so much, then we can "more than conquer" our afflictions. (To read my blog post on this talk from the most recent General Conference, click here. To read Elder Johnson's full talk, click here.)
Afterward, Jace got ready for bed and we had family prayer with him. It is so cute how much he loves to give hugs. He will go around to each person and give them a hug before he goes to bed. It's really sweet. After Jace was successfully down for the night, we got on to our activity! Abbie and Adam had a really fun idea! Each spouse would draw a picture of the other and write them a sweet note on the back of it. Here are our finished portraits of each other:
Don't judge! Neither of us are artists, but it was a really fun activity! I love the picture Derek drew, it's fantastic!
Abbie made Mayonnaise Spice Cake for dessert, a family favorite. Sooo yummy.
We had a really good time, and we always love going over to Abbie and Adam's. Tomorrow night, the boys are planning on taking over our apartment while I go over to hang out with Abbie. And guess what they're going to do: play video games. Am I surprised? Not one bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment