You know those days where despite your many efforts in front of the mirror you just can't seem to look how you would like? You have this image in your mind of how you should look, and no amount of hairspray, bobbin pins, or mascara seems to do the trick.
Today was one of those days for me.
Needless to say, I was not happy with the way my hair, makeup, or outfit turned out today. Church was nice. But I came home grumpy.
Reason #1: I had to drive Derek's car (he had to stay home sick today). It's a stick. I stink at driving his car. I can do it, and I can safely get from Point A to Point B, but I stink at it. Honestly, I'm horrible.
Reason #2: I feel like a loner going to church all by myself in a married student ward. Everybody has someone to sit with. Everyone is married.
Reason #3: I have a paper due tomorrow, and I came home with two pages left to write.
There are a lot of other things that played a part in my grumpiness, but they're pathetic to the point that I will not bother to mention them.
The minute I walked in the door Derek knew I was grumpy. I went into our bedroom, switched my skirt for some capris, and slumped down on the couch to finish writing my paper. With EFY music playing in the background, I was focused on my writing. Well, semi-focused. I was mainly grumbling to myself about how miserable the day had been.
Out of the corner of my eye I noticed something moving. I looked up only to find my husband on his knees in front of me. He had his hands up by his ears, making a goofy face, and waving his hands to the music. No matter how hard I tried to keep my "I'm-grumpy-and-nothing-will-change-it" face, I could prevail nothing against the smile pushing at the corners of my mouth. I broke out in a grin, he started laughing, and pretty soon I was laughing as well.
That is one thing that I am most grateful for about Derek. No matter how much of a grump I'm being, or how awful my horribly bad mood is, he will do just about anything to make me smile.
I am very grateful for every little anything.
![]() |

This post makes me happy. I'm glad my sister has such a good husband to take care of her. :)
ReplyDeleteMe too!
ReplyDelete