It was Thursday night and Derek, Ryan Brower, and I were studying for our DNA final when all of a sudden, we hear, "I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew! I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!" It's Derek's ringtone. Special.
The phone call was from his cousin Brian inviting him to play in a basketball tournament with him in Burley. Derek accepted. We finished studying, packed an overnight bag, and went to bed. It was an early morning for Derek, seeing as how he had to go to work.
He went to bed at 11:30 pm.
Woke up at 3:30 am.
Worked from 4:00 - 7:00 am.
Took a DNA final at 7:15 am.
Left for Burley at 9:15 am.
And then after driving for three hours, he played basketball in a tournament from noon until 4:30 pm. And their team did pretty well! They made it to the quarter-finals. Considering that my hsuband hasn't played basketball in a few months, I'd say that was pretty good. And he played really well! I was proud.
Then we went to his Great-Aunt Kenna and Uncle Neil's house. The boys showered and then we went out for dinner. Afterward we hit up the Oakley rodeo. It was really fun!
We stayed the night at Kenna and Neil's and had a relaxing morning with a delicious brunch of waffles, eggs, potatoes, and bacon.
I wish I would have thought to take my camera and take some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment