Monday, July 18, 2011

Derek's Birthday

Well, yesterday was Derek's birthday! He turned 25 and now refers to himself as "old." 
On Saturday morning, after Derek came home and slept after work, I had Abbie come over and drop off the grill and charcoal that I bought for Derek. 

I put a big bow in it and set it up in the family room, and after he woke up and showered, I had him close his eyes. Once in the living room, he opened his eyes and saw his new Weber charcoal grill! He was excited about it. It will be perfect for when we go camping in September.

I gave him his grill a day early because when I asked him what he wanted for dinner he said, "Either lasagna or steak. If you're getting me a grill, steak. If you aren't, then lasagna." He put me in a pickle. So I gave him his grill a day early and we had steak for dinner last night.

Yesterday morning Derek opened up his presents. He got two Nike shirts, a pair of Nike shorts, a movie, a lot of candy, and another BBQ. Hooray!

Derek's presents. 

Derek opening his presents.

 Setting up the grill. Right after Derek opened his presents, he broke open the box and set up his new bbq. Then after church, he cooked up some delicious steak and we had that, potatoes, and green salad for dinner. It was delicious!

At 7:30 we had some friends and family over for cake and ice cream (a cake which I butchered, by the way). It was really fun.

Happy Birthday Derek. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment