Well, Derek and I are leaving Washington in a few hours. He is currently in the process of loading the truck and trailer (no, I'm not being lazy and skipping out on helping. I asked him and he said there wasn't really anything I could help him with), and I have made a few rounds around the house to make sure that I am not leaving anything behind. But I promise you, my mom will find stuff and I will be getting a package in the mail in a few weeks. That's how it always goes.
I am not quite sure how to feel about this change. This is what I know:
- It's going to be so fun to have our own place! I'm very excited to use all of the wonderful gifts we got at our wedding to decorate.
- Moving is exciting! A lot of work, but exciting.
- I can't wait to get back to Rexburg and be close to Abbie, Adam, and Jace (and soon to be baby girl!)
While this is all very fun and exciting, there are some things that we are not looking forward to so much.
- We're going to miss all of the wonderful family members that we have been able to be so close to the past few months.
- We're going to miss living rent-free (thanks mom and dad!).
- Going to school means spending money, which has become something I do not like to do.
- And leaving means leaving all of our amazing friends here in Washington! We will miss you all.
Overall, Derek and I are very excited to go back to Rexburg. While starting off our marriage living at my parents' house has been a challenge in some ways, it has been an overwhelming blessing. And so, as we part from our home here in Washington today, I can't wait to finally start our life together! ...even if it is in Rexburg.
We will miss you guys! ...but will be seeing you in a couple months! I have the same pros and cons about moving too! Good luck guys & drive safe! See you in idaho!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you, Tay. :) Yes, leaving "home" is a strange feeling... but it doesn't take long to realize that home is wherever your spouse is. And it feels good!! And I'm biased... I'm SUPER excited to have you living just a few hours from me. :D :D :D :D
ReplyDeleteWahoo for Rexburg!!! It is a WONDERFUL place to be as newlyweds. I'm excited for you!
ReplyDelete