This past Monday and Tuesday, my family left for a quick trip to the ocean. Derek, my parents, Morgan, and I got in the car around 12:30 and started making our way west. When we arrived and got checked into our hotel room we were all just setting stuff down and getting organized when Derek looked out the sliding glass doors and said, "What's that?!" Of course, everyone turned and did their best to catch sight of what had caught Derek's attention. It was a doe! She walked carefully through the grass behind the hotel and then started to go down one of the trails heading to the beach. Not too long after, two others joined her.
We were all out on the balcony, and mom decided it would be a good idea to feed them Doritos. They loved them!
After the deer wandered off we decided to take a trip to Dick's IGA, the local grocery store, for some dinner supplies. We had mandarin chicken salad for dinner, one of my favorites! After dinner we all sat down and watched the Mariner's game, I fell asleep, and upon waking up the game playing began! First up was Catch Phrase. It was Mom, Morgan, and I on a team and Dad and Derek on the other. It was a disadvantage to have three on one team, but it was still fun. Once we got tired of that game, we played Cranium. I love that game!
At one point Derek had to draw with his eyes closed, and the object he had to draw was a bottle rocket. I got "firework". And another time, Derek and I drew a "Humdinger" which is where a person on your team has to hum a song without any words or actions. I was the appointed hummer, and the song was "On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson. I only knew a few phrases from the chorus, so I hummed that over and over until Derek finally got it at the last second. I was relieved.
Later that night Morgan, Derek, and I went down to the pool while Mom and Dad stayed to watch some TV.
On Tuesday, we all got up, got ready, checked out of the hotel, and went shopping at the little strip mall down the road. After we were done shopping, we went down to the beach to fly kites. Once we were finished there, we went to the slick track. Derek, Dad, and I were the only ones brave enough to face the rain and wind. It was a grand trip.
 |
| Derek trying to help my kite get back up after I had crashed it. |
 |
| Morgan flying her Barbie kite. |
 |
| Dad. I'm pretty sure we've had the kite for EVER. |
 |
| Derek writing his name in the sand. How cute. |
 |
| Morgan is sad... |
 |
| ...because she crashed her kite. |
 |
| Surprise, surprise. The Barbie kite is down again! |
 |
| Dad fetching his kite out of the tall grass. |
 |
| Dad flying the Barbie kite. I LOVE this picture. |
 |
| I added the words "Fart On" above Derek's name in the sand, just as a good wife would. |
 |
| Morgan doing her best to get Barbie airborne once again. |
 |
| Dad's kite, lost in the grass.... again. |
 |
| So he gave the controls to Mom. |
 |
| "Wait, I need to get my hair out of my face!" Click! "Oh, okay." |
 |
| Derek and I tried a million pictures but I either cut his head off or I was barely in the picture at all. It makes taking pictures difficult when there's a height difference of over a foot. |
 |
| I like this one though. |
Thanks Mom and Dad for a wonderful trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment