Sunday, April 10, 2011

It All Started With a Hankering for Popcorn...

For those of you with weak stomachs when it comes to bathroom talk... this post is not for you.

The warm no-bake cookie sitting in my hand was slowly but surely disappearing with each bite. My stomach and taste buds thanked my mother silently as my husband got up from the chair in the family room. Upon entering the kitchen, he looked straight at me and said, "I want some POOP-corn." We all got a good chuckle out of it until I brilliantly added, "Can you imagine what poopcorn is? It's like digging the whole kernels of corn out of pieces of poo-..." and before I could finish my hilarious sentence (or so I thought at least), my mother interrupted me with a very loud verbal exclamation of pure disgust. My gut-wrenching laughter filled the whole house as my mom clapped her hand on the counter and said, "Oh, that's butt-sgusting!"

Such ingenious conversation sprouted from a hankering for popcorn. I love my family.

1 comment: