If any of you have hiked up and then down Comet Falls on Mt. Rainier, then you know what I'm talking about.If any of you have climbed up a set of stairs with me, then you know what I'm talking about.
If any of you have seen me trip over my own feet while simply walking down the street, you know what I'm talking about.
At the dinner table tonight Morgan, Derek, my dad, and I were having a discussion on clumsiness. I was proclaimed the biggest physical clutz and Morgan was proclaimed as the biggest mental clutz. It pains my heart to admit this, but I was not surprised by my title. I am extremely clumsy.
Example 1: One day while running up the stairs after arriving home from the long, grueling drive from Provo to Graham, I tripped up the stairs and fell on my face. My whole family heard this: "Step, step, step, step, step, step, step, step, BAM!" And I was down for the count.
Example 2: Another day I was going down the stairs and my foot did not completely land on the step and I skiied down the last five stairs. My father and little sister were witness to this, and will testify of its hilarity.
Example 3: A few years back when my family was out for another fun-filled day of hiking on Mt. Rainier (I really do love hiking) we chose to hike Comet Falls. This 2 mile hike up the mountain is somewhat challenging; it's steep and full of switchbacks. By the time we got up to the top we were all pretty tired, so we rested for a minute. When going back down the mountain, everyone wanted to "walk behind Taylor" because my poor, tired muscles were giving out on me left and right, causing me to stumble my way down.
Example 4: This one is probably the most embarrassing. The other night I made dinner for the family. We all enjoyed the meal, and as I finished eating I went to stand up and take my plate to the sink. However, I found that for some reason instead of standing up I was somehow slipping/tipping off of my chair and quickly losing my balance. A simple task such as standing up gone awry. My dad saw, I tried to convince him to keep it from Derek, but to no avail.
Now, to make myself feel better about all of these rather embarrassing things I am going to say that it takes a "big and mature person" to admit to all of these things and that it was solely for that reason that I posted this blog. But to be perfectly honest, I just wrote this post because I was bored and was hoping that this would help make you laugh or cheer you up.
Good luck out there everyone. It's a rough and tricky world.
If being clumsy is the only thing you have to worry about, then, I say YAY! I think it's great that you don't hide it but claim it as part of you which, I feel will release you from so much clumsiness.
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing person Taylor! I am so happy for you! I am so happy for Derek! Be proud of who you are! (well i feel you already are so .... ya)
Hugs and kisses my friend!
-Kris Larsen