I woke up to beautiful snow falling outside my window. In my mind I thought that today was going to be a beautiful, wonderful day. "What a fool I was!" (As I typed that I heard it as Sally from "Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.)
Upon arriving at work, I unlocked the front door and walked over the alarm to enter in the code to disarm it. The alarm system made the little beep that it makes when it is properly disarmed, so I started to walk away, but then it made a sound that I did not recognize. I turned around and saw that it was counting down until the alarm was going to sound. I quickly made my way out the front door and dialed my boss's cell phone number to make sure I had entered the right code. It seems I thought I did, but most likely, I pressed something wrong. So I had to go inside, put in the right code, shut the alarm off, and proceed with my day. I was pretty shook up because that alarm is LOUD.
Around 9:55 am, the UPS guy knocked on the door to deliver a package. I got out my keys to unlock the door. Upon putting my key in, I turned it and it wouldn't move. I was confused, so I tried again but it wouldn't move... again. I must have stood there for at least a minute moving my key around and doing the best I could to get this door unlocked while the UPS guy is there staring at me, watching me struggle with something as simple as unlocking the door. He must have been thinking something about how stupid I was to not be able to get the door open. Awesome.
Well, since then I've just been doing alright. Nothing has turned out fabulously, but nothing has gone as terribly wrong as this morning. Wednesday, why did you do this to me? I always liked Wednesdays. Not anymore.
Oh Taylor! I'm sorry. Next Wednesday, make sure to go out and do something extra fun, so you and Wednesday can be friends again. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, I like that idea Courtney. :)
ReplyDelete