Tuesday, June 1, 2010
I'd Rather Have a Fish
My family moved into our house in August of 1993 and we still live there today. Not long after we moved in, we got cats. One was named Fern and the other Mr. Murray. Murray died a few years later after running away and getting into something. So we buried him and got another cat and named him Ernie. These were the two cats that you would see meandering around my property if you ever visit my home. Well, our sweet cat Fern died a few days ago, and now it is just Ernie all alone. He and Fern never really seemed to be the best of friends, but now that she's gone, our poor Ernie is mourning.
As I was discussing this with Derek we got to the topic of how we're both really dog people. We think cats are....fine, but we'd rather have dogs. I brought up the point that maybe people in old age might want cats because they are easier to take care of, they aren't quite as high maintenance as a dog might be. Dogs need to be played with, need constant attention, and need to be let out to go to the bathroom while cats just need food and a litter box and they're good to go! They entertain themselves. So maybe that's why some elderly people prefer to have cats. Derek looked at me and said, very seriously, "Tay, I don't want a cat. Even when I'm old and saggy. I'd rather have a fish."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's awesome, fish are way better than cats...we have a fish and two frogs
ReplyDelete