Friday, June 4, 2010

Girl Talk

Why have conversations between girls at a slumber party been given the endearing nick-name "girl talk?"  If you consider the topic of these conversations, 99.9% of the time it will be centered around boys.  So why not call it boy talk? I don't know. Personally I think it's a much more fitting title.  Oh well.

Tonight, my roommate Sam and I stayed up chatting and our conversation went directly to our boyfriends.  We quickly got caught up in exchanging stories of how we met, the first date, the first kiss, and all the absolutely adorable things about them. Then the topic changed to how wonderful it is to not only have them as a boyfriend, but as a best friend which is something that I find to be essential to a relationship.

I love being able to say whatever I want, do whatever stupid thing I feel like doing because I'm not afraid to look like a dork in front of him, and feel so comfortable around him to the point where I can be completely myself.

It's funny how two girls can sit and talk about boys for hours, and probably go on for days on end if they had the time. Girl talk (or boy talk. Maybe my short, but very persuasive, argument earlier convinced you to change your ways.) is fun, uplifting, and helps you to be happy. This night would not have been nearly as much fun without my chat with Sam (or worth staying up until 1:54 AM).

No comments:

Post a Comment