Friday, August 10, 2012

Vacation with Thetfords

My parents and younger sister came into town last Friday as well as my oldest sister and her family. It was so much fun! We spent all day Monday and Tuesday at Ririe Reservoir. The water was beautiful, the sun was shining, and we all got burned. But we loved it!

My dad brought his boat along so we had skiers, tubers, and wake boarders going all day. My fun was limited to riding in the boat and swimming in the swimming area, but I still had a blast! Plus, my reason for not skiing or wake boarding is a very good one: my little girl! 

After the first day on Ririe, dad asked Derek and I (since we were already planning on going in to Idaho Falls to find Derek a diving set) to look at wake boards and see if we could find a good deal on one. So we went and we did! We got a Hyperlite Motive 140. Derek consulted one of his good buddies on what board to get, and he told us that this would be a good beginners board and serve my dad's purposes well. So we bought it!

Derek got up on it the next day, and we have some good pictures and video of it... it's just on my mom and dad's camera. So there will be another post with all of that. 

I was 32 weeks on the dot
yesterday. Woohoo!
The second day on Ririe, Derek and I had to leave early for my doctor's appointment. Everything checked out just how my doctor wants it to! Our little pea is growing at the right rate, I'm gaining the appropriate amount of weight, my blood pressure is where it should be, and her heart rate is spot on. So we're still having a healthy pregnancy! Woohoo! 

Every night in my prayers I thank Heavenly Father for that. It is such a miracle. 

And on the third day, Wednesday, some of us got up early to have one more spin out on the reservoir. It was a lot of fun! A short and quick visit, but it was fun. Then we went out to dinner at Red Robin. Afterwards, we all came back to Derek's and my apartment for dessert. 

Vacation ended too quickly. Before I knew it I was hugging the Angulo family for the last time until I see them again at Christmas, and then I was saying goodbye to my husband to come to Washington with my parents. It was so fun! The only thing that could have made it even better was to have Courtney and Jay and their two darling girls with us. But! We are all looking forward to seeing them soon!

I only have a few pictures right now from vacation, and all of these have been stolen from my mom's iPohone, but I will post more later. 


All the Angulo children feeling my tummy and waiting to see if she'll kick.


Cute little Hallie wearing Uncle Derek's/her dad's hat (I'm not sure whose it is anymore) at a place we stopped at in St. Anthony to get some ice cream.


 Playing peek-a-boo with Hallie. She loves it.


And yours truly with the best husband in the world. We were at the sand dunes for a bonfire and to roast some hot dogs. 


2 comments:

  1. tay! you look fabulous!! so excited for this baby to get here! we need play dates!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! And YES! We do need play dates! She'll be here in just eight weeks (I hope!) so it's not too far!! I miss you.

      Delete