Well, I'm 35 weeks today! I've gotten to the point where I feel like I get bigger every single day. My face is filling out, giving me quite the attractive "moon face" and my ankles, feet, and calves are always swollen by the end of the day if not earlier. But, I still love being pregnant. Every little kick and stretch, even the punches to the bladder, are reminders that we have a sweet little girl on the way!
I still have yet to pack my hospital bag, get the car seat base in the car, and prepare myself mentally for the fact that in just five weeks I will probably be in labor. Having a baby.
Yikes.
My mom, sisters, and in-laws threw me a baby shower a week ago, and it was wonderful! We had it outside on my parent's back patio. The weather was great, my mom, Abbie, and I had made some chocolate-covered strawberries and white chocolate popcorn, and my sister-in-law Holly had made cupcakes. The food that we had to eat was so good! The strawberries were fresh and sweet and the cupcakes were delicious!
(Of course I wrote multiple sentences about the food. That's the most important part, right?)
Marcie and Ashley did the games, which were so fun! The thing that made me laugh the hardest was one of Derek's answers in a game called, "Finish Daddy's Phrase". There were a bunch of words on the piece of paper that had blanks next to them. Derek had filled in what he thought worked best with each word. Most of his responses were... well, somewhat appropriate. However, the one that made me laugh was his response to the word "Feeding."
I had written down "Feeding time" and figured that was what Derek would have responded with as well.
But, no. Derek, in all his delicacy and reservedness, put "boobs".
That's right. Boobs.
The first thing that came to his mind when he read the word feeding, was boobs.
The first thing that came to his mind when he read the word feeding, was boobs.
Needless to say, everyone at the shower burst into laughter and my face turned red.
Thanks, honey.
Thanks, honey.
Enjoy some pictures from the shower.
![]() |
| Me, and all of the gifts, writing down my answers for "Finish Daddy's Phrase" |
![]() |
| Morgan made me (I always say, "made me" when really they are making it for my daughter) this beautiful blanket! I love it! |
![]() |
| Opening gifts from Marcie |
![]() |
| Opening gifts from Dorene |
![]() |
| The awesome diaper cake from Holly |
![]() |
| Opening gifts from Ashley, Tallie, and Ady |
![]() |
| Me and my mom holding the beautiful quilt that she made! I love it! |
I loved the shower, and am so grateful to everyone who came!
Some more exciting baby news: our baby swing came yesterday! My parents bought this for us, and we are very grateful!
It's the Fisher Price My Little Snugabunny Swing, and while it was somewhat disconcerting while we were assembling it, now that it's all put together it looks and works perfectly!
I can't wait until I have a little baby girl to put in there!
And then today my boppy pillow came! I ordered it online a couple days ago, and have been so excited to get it. I think the slipcover it came with is really cute!I had a doctor appointment on Tuesday, and everything is looking good! I'm measuring right where I should be. So if things go well, in just another five weeks Derek and I will have our sweet little baby girl!









No comments:
Post a Comment