Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pea in the Pod


Yes! That's right! 

I'M PREGNANT! 


I just had my first prenatal appointment this morning. I am a day past 11 weeks and due sometime around October 9th. I'll get an exact due date when I have an ultrasound in the next couple weeks.

At my appointment this morning my doctor was able to find the heart beat. It was so strong! It was crazy to hear the heart beat of this little tiny baby that I can't even feel yet. Made this pregnancy seem much more real! The doctor commented saying the heart beat was very good for this point in my pregnancy, and that it seems so far that the little peanut is perfectly healthy.

I had to have some blood work done. Talk about taking a gallon of blood! The lab tech looked at me and said, "We are going to do a few extra tests than normal. Just to be safe." 
Translation: "We are going to take just about all the blood we can take from you at one time."
So, thanks to that loss of blood, I'm left feeling dizzy and nauseous. Even after lunch and a big glass of water, I think I'm just going to need to lay down for a while.

Derek and I couldn't be more excited and grateful! It's a little scary to think about, but who isn't intimidated when they learn they are going to become parents for the first time? 
But mostly, we're SO excited!
 Being a mom is something I have always wanted, and Derek is going to be the most amazing dad there ever was. 

I love Derek, he loves me, and we both love this tiny little baby!

14 comments:

  1. Yipeeeee!! That's so exciting!! I only wish we were going to be closer. You guys will be awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you'd be closer too! But we'll just have to make sure we get to visit you guys in Texas!

      Delete
  2. yay! so so SO excited for you guys! we're gonna have baby buddies (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be so fun to have you in Rexburg!!

      Delete
  3. So exciting, Taylor! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!! And I'll be his/her favorite aunt. Not because I'm the coolest but because I said it first. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, oh Devin. I love you! This is like Aunt Janice licking her finger and sticking it in the biggest piece of cake, claiming it hers. It's fantastic. :)

      Delete
  5. The first thing Lucas said when I told him was, "Wait...Derek has been gone..."


    Congrats you guys!! We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, Amber, this made me laugh so hard! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Holy exciting! I am SO happy for you two! You guys are going to be the best parents EVER! Happy day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Shae!! And the fun part is that you guys will be in Rexburg! Woo!

      Delete