I was in high school and looking for a job. There was new store opening in the mall that I really wanted to apply at, so I gave them a call. After talking to the manager for a little while, she asked me to come in for an interview. So I agreed.
I got to the store and I guess before this I didn't realize it was a women's clothing store. But I felt really excited when I got there and was having my interview. I walked to the back office, found the manager, and sat down to talk with her. She hired me, and then she looked me straight in the eye and asked me this: "Taylor, do you feel comfortable working in an environment where you could in be danger?" I was shocked, and took a moment to think about it. When I answered, "Sure?" the manager was overjoyed. She led me out to the main store and showed me around, briefly gave me some training, and threw me a name tag and told me to get to work.
I was a success! The customers loved me and I was able to help every woman find an outfit that she felt beautiful in. It made me feel good, and by the end of the day the sales in the store were up by 34%. On one of my breaks I was talking with my coworker, and I asked her why this place was "dangerous." She answered that there used to be a girl who worked here that had a boyfriend. She broke up with him and he went psycho. Now, he stalked and sometimes taunted the girls who worked here at their homes, and called their cell phones leaving disconcerting voice mails. I instantly became wary of my job, and finished my shift. My friend Michelle came to pick me up and I told her all about it. She said that she had heard of this guy, and that the last two girls he had stalked from that store were now missing.
She dropped me off at my house and I called my dad right away to tell him I needed to change my number.
The next day at work the manager was there and she wanted to know my contact information. When I walked into the back room to fill out the form that was sitting on her desk, the crazy-stalker-ex-boyfriend was sitting at the desk. He watched as I filled out the form. I automatically filled out my home address, but then scratched it out and made up an excuse about "just moved out of my parent's house into my own apartment" and made up an address that was on Zoolander Lane.
I left the office in a hurry, ran out of the store, told my boss I was quitting my job, and then I ran to my car and started to drive home. But then I realized I was being followed by the crazy-stalker-ex-boyfriend-guy and so I ditched my car and hopped into an ice cream truck. I took the ice cream truck around so many neighborhoods, and actually sold ice cream, that the guy gave up and left. I ditched the ice cream truck and ran home.
When I got there I decided to take a shower. I showered and was going to open my closet doors to change when I saw something on my bed. It was a note from the crazy-stalker-ex-boyfriend-guy. As I realized what that meant, I heard the closet door open.
THE END
I seriously have messed up dreams. I woke up from that dream sitting up straight, and was breathing heavy. My heart was racing, and to make it worse the closet door in Marcie's room was open. I turned my back to it and snuggled as close to Derek as was physically possible. He woke up and I told him I had a bad dream, and he opened up his arms and let me fall asleep right next to him.
That's saying something, because he isn't a big cuddle-sleeper. I love being married. It makes bad dreams not so bad.
Wow! That is a scary dream! That is awesome though that you have such a great tedy bear to make it all better :)
ReplyDelete