So the title is a little cheesy... but just wait. I'll tie it into my post cleverly and thoughtfully later.
I like snow. I really do. I just don't like:
1 Walking in snow without snow boots. (Which I currently lack because I left them in Rexburg thinking that Washington would just be rainy. Silly me.)
2 Driving in the snow. Not because I'm terrible at it, I do just fine. It's because there are a lot of people who are terrible at it and still choose to drive in the snow.
3 Staying out in the snow too long. Then my clothes get wet and my nose turns red and I'm instantly grumpy. And cold.
4 So much snow that it causes the whole Puget Sound area to lose power. Then I get cold, can't fix my hair so it's just poofy and wavy, and I have to take a flashlight with me into the bathroom. And that just scares me out of my mind because it brings back bad memories of being scared by that stupid game kids play at sleepovers called, "Bloody Mary."
Yes, I am 21 years old and still scared by things like that. One of the many reasons I'm grateful I have a husband so that I can wash my hands super fast and run out and jump on him.
I think snow is pretty as it's falling. And if I am equipped with the proper snow clothing, I have a lot of fun playing in the snow. But this latest storm has not been my favorite. It caused us to lose power for two days.
Not having power for that long made me feel like a cavewoman. And I was spending the majority of my day around Levi, so I was already speaking in broken sentences, which, as we all know, is the first step in becoming a cave man/woman. Take these two pieces of conversation for an example.
![]() |
| This is Levi with his coat on upside down. He insisted on putting it on himself and wouldn't let anyone fix it for him. |
Me - "Levi, you hungry?"
Levi - "Eat dinner me?"
Me - "Okay. Eat dinner you."
Levi - "Tay Tay!"
Me - "What?"
Levi - "Want chocky milk!"
Me - "Levi want chocky milk?"
Levi - "Yes!"
Me - "Okay. You have chocky milk."
Levi - "Tanks, Tay Tay. Deuces."
He really did say deuces. And as he did, he gave me the peace sign and walked out of the kitchen. Love that kid.
Anyways, back to being a cave woman. I was grumpy, tired, bored, and restless. I felt like I could dress myself in a loin cloth and go bop a mountain lion over the head with a club and drag it home.
And then today as Hunter, Colton, and I were playing chess we heard a loud buzzing sound and then the lights came on! We all ran to get our phones, DS's, etc. that we needed to charge and celebrated the fact that TV was back.
I was just excited that I would be able to fix my hair. I instantly felt rejuvenated and like my old self again. No longer cave woman Taylor.
It's amazing really, the power of power.
Okay. That wasn't clever or thoughtful at all. It was stupid and cheesy.
But hey, give me a break, I've been a cave woman the last two days.
Oh, and Derek? He's been fine. Same old wonderful husband he's always been. Power outages don't affect Derek. He's a man.
But hey, give me a break, I've been a cave woman the last two days.
Oh, and Derek? He's been fine. Same old wonderful husband he's always been. Power outages don't affect Derek. He's a man.

That whole post is simply awesome! Thanks for entertaining us! We love you and your writing antics Ü
ReplyDelete