Derek and I watched the movie "Courageous" tonight with my family. It was good! I enjoyed the movie. There are definitely big moments full of cheesy acting, but it's a good movie.
After the movie was over, we had 15 minutes to get the DVD back to Redbox before my parents got charged for having it for three days. Yes, three days. They rented a movie at the wrong time... stupid power outage. So Derek and I offered to rush to the store to return it.
We made it to the Redbox by Walgreens at 8:59 pm and I jumped out and popped it into the machine. It was a close one.
![]() |
| Look at this fine young fellow with 99 problems. |
As we were driving home and talking, I thought about my friend's status the other day. She quoted a song by Jay-Z called "99 problems" released in 2004. The most-often quoted line from that song is, "I got 99 problems but a (insert bad word here) ain't one!" Derek sings that line all the time, inserting different things instead of the bad word. For example:
I got 99 problems but a dog ain't one.
I got 99 problems but a test ain't one. (This was in celebration of the semester being over.)
I got 99 problems but a hoe ain't one.
I could go on, but I won't. Anyways, as I thought about my friend's status, I sang, "I got 99 problems but a bitz ain't one!"
Derek looked at me, smiled like he was about to say something really clever and also really mean, and said, "It is for me tonight!" With a smile that spread across his entire face, exuding pride at his joke, he started to laugh. I hit him on the arm and ever-so-cleverly replied, "Seriously?"
I'm not that clever.
I continued, "First off, I am not your bitz. And second, I am not a problem! I am a blessing." Derek gave me a look like, "Psh, yeah right."
I laughed and said, "Okay. So maybe, well probably, okay, I know that I'm in disguise."
Get it? A blessing in disguise?
*Bursts of raucous laughter erupt from the audience.*
As I finish writing this post I realize it doesn't quite have that zing that I want it to have.
It's definitely a, "you had to be there" kind of moment. "Ooo, geography joke!" -Michael Scott
And this post also makes my husband look terrible and makes it seem as if he doesn't love me. But don't let your heart be troubled, he loves me and I love him and we are incredibly happy together.
Fun fact for you, Jay-Z's song was placed at number 24 of the top 150 Best Songs Released in the last 15 years this last October.

No comments:
Post a Comment