Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! ...1 Hour and 55 Minutes Late

This is a New Year's Eve Letter instead of a Christmas Card. Yes, I'm lazy.

Hello wonderful family and friends! This past year has been good to us in many ways, and as Derek and I sit and think about all that has happened, the good with the bad, we feel happy and hopeful that this next year will be even better.

After getting married last December, we lived with my parents in Graham until the middle of April when we returned to Rexburg, ID! There, at BYU-I, we completed the Spring semester, had a wonderful summer vacation, and then went straight into the Fall. Derek had a great semester! Coming out at the end of the fall with his best GPA yet, he is proud of himself and made his wife very proud as well. His major in Accounting seems to suit him and he loves the things he is learning. Derek also played on the basketball team for our Married-Student Ward, and despite what he may say, he played rather well. 

This last semester also treated me well. My major is Exercise Physiology and requires a lot of biology and chemistry. I took my last chemistry class this last semester, and it was tough! I came out of the class with a good grade, and I am happy as ever to know that I am done with chemistry classes! I was called as the Ward Music Chairperson and enjoyed being the Ward Choir Director. It was a very fun calling. My favorite part about this last semester was babysitting my sweet niece and nephew every week. Abbie and Adam live just a few minutes away, so I got to help out when Abbie taught piano by watching the kids. Those couple of hours each week definitely made the stress of the semester easy to bear. 

We have a lot of good friends and family in Rexburg that we will miss as we spend the next few months in Washington living with my parents, but we are excited for the many exciting things that 2012 has to offer us! No matter what comes our way in life we are grateful for and reliant upon our testimonies of our Savior Jesus Christ. We know that He knows us, loves us, and helps us in our time of need. We are grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for His Atonement. We count ourselves blessed to have a knowledge of our loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. And we are always grateful for our friends, family, and for each other.

Happy New Year!
From, The Morgans

P.S. There would be a very nice picture of us where we look very put together and couple-ish. But, we stink at taking pictures. This will be one of our new year's resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment