Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mario Kart with Mom

I love to play Mario Kart. Ask my brother-in-law Adam Carson, or my husband, or any other member of my family and they would tell you that I love to play Mario Kart. So last night after everything was winding down, the last couple batches of cookies were in the oven, I asked mom if she wanted to play Mario Kart with me. She laughed and said, "Sure! I never get to finish a race so this will be interesting!" We got the game set up and ready to go, and I selected the first race: Luigi Circuit. Mom did pretty good on this one... she ended up in 12th place, but she was right at the finish line when it made her stop! I was proud.


Then we played Moo Moo Meadows, and Mom got 4th place! Woohoo! She was able to finish not only that race, but the next two as well. She was doing awesome. Then... the next four races we won't really speak of, but at one point during Peach Gardens we were both laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe and mom couldn't steer. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I love my mom!


Afterward, mom and I were going to watch Eclipse, and I just figured Derek would go to bed because honestly, what guy really, truly, and fully enjoys watching Twilight movies? But he came downstairs with his pajamas on and hopped on the couch to watch the movie. What a good husband I have.

5 comments:

  1. Tom and I bonded over MarioKart as single college students and we have owned every version since... Love it! And you wedding pictures are gorgeous - as are you - and I'm so glad you're happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's awesome that you bonded over one of the greatest games out there. I remember playing it on my cousin's Super Nintendo, and then we have had the N64 version and now the Wii. It's my favorite! Thank you; Jay Brooksby, my brother-in-law, was our photographer and he did a great job! It was a very good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My roommates down here have N64. With Mario Kart. Almost on a daily basis you can hear Mario Kart going off in the living room. Every now and then I decide to join in, and epicly fail each race. But that's ok....it's all in good fun, right? :)
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Mario Kart is absolutely fabulous and will cheer up any dreary day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh most definitely will!! Especially when you beat your unbeatable roommate! Muwahaha!!!! I may or may not get just a little competative. :)
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete