To be honest, today has been a difficult day for me. When thinking about the past fourteen hours, blustery was one of the only words I could come up with to describe the day. ...well, at least it was one of the only appropriate ones. It isn't like I have had the worst day of my life. And it's not like I experienced a life changing emotional tragedy. Today has just been... how should I say this? Here, I have an idea.
I have never been one to let things in life bother me too much. My personality has always been one that goes with the flow, and if something upsetting happens I let myself be upset about for a little and then move on. I've always been able to just let things roll off my shoulders and be happy once again. But today... I don't know what was going on, but everything just seemed awful. When I was a kid my family had the video "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day." I loved this video (among many, many others) and would watch it quite often. It was about a rainy, windy day that sent the poor bear on a horrible adventure. A big storm comes and washes him away. But, luckily enough he has friends that cared about him enough to go out and find him.
Okay... maybe that was really cheesy. No, it was really cheesy but I don't care all too much. I have been a grump lately and I know it and readily admit it. I don't know why! Maybe the rose colored glasses are gone and have been replaced with poop-brown ones that I just can't seem to take off. Hopefully it's only a temporary replacement. The person that gets it the worst though is Derek. He has to deal with all my grumpiness, and yet he still loves me at the end of the day.
So while today was blustery in just about every aspect I'm sure a huge storm would have broken out had it not been for Derek and his patience with me. How does he do it? I'll never know.

I'm not sure how he does it, but he has always been the one to smooth things over or make them seem like not such a big deal!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling that's something I'm going to be very appreciative of for a loooong time. :)
ReplyDelete