Saturday, September 25, 2010

3 Months, 3 Days

Two months ago today, Derek proposed to me in my backyard. It was the perfect day, I was wearing one of my favorite dresses, and he looked as handsome as ever. I love that when I said yes and he put the ring on my finger he picked me up and spun me around like in the movies. The ring is beautiful, the weather was perfect, and the thoughtfulness of him proposing to me in my backyard was overwhelming. 
I have always wanted to have my wedding reception in the backyard. However, we're getting married in December and it's obviously not an option. He figured since I couldn't have my reception in my backyard, that he would propose to me in the backyard. So cute!
This morning as I woke up and realized what day it was a smile spread cross my face. However, my day did not turn out too well... sad, huh? None of my roommates were home and Derek was busy, so I just sat on my couch read my book and studied chemistry. Then I got ready to go to the General Relief Society Broadcast. In trying to figure out what I was going to wear, I took about half of my wardrobe off the hangers, tried them on, and then threw them on the ground. Needless to say, when I finally decided on an outfit, my room was a mess. I was grumpy because I hadn't seen Derek all day, my mind was tired of focusing on school, and I just wanted to go home to Washington.
Derek came and picked me up at 5:35 to take me to the church building where I was meeting Abbie. Once I got in the car I felt a little better. Just seeing him takes away a lot of the grumpy-ness. I got to the church building and sat down between Abbie and her friend Michelle. Being in the chapel full of women who were all waiting to hear the words of the prophet helped uplift my spirits.
The messages of the broadcast were wonderful; Sister Beck and her counselors are inspired women of the Lord and their words are always powerful and uplifting. But my favorite speaker of the night was the prophet. When President Monson got up to speak, he had a smile on his face and throughout his talk he made us laugh, smile, and cry. While sitting there listening to this wonderful broadcast, my thoughts were directed toward how lucky I was to have a fiance who loves the gospel and loves me.
We're getting married in 3 months and 3 days. Two months ago, two months seemed like forever away. But now here I am two months later and it has felt like it's only been a few weeks. I have a feeling the next 3 months and 3 days will fly by... at least I'm hoping so!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, they will fly by for sure!
    I really enjoyed President Monson's talk, too. I love having family that shares their testimonies. Thanks Tay!

    ReplyDelete