Thursday, April 26, 2012

17 Weeks

Today has been a GREAT day. Not only did I have my first doctor appointment here in Rexburg and  loved my doctor, but I also felt little baby moves all day! Started early this morning while I was sitting on a bench in the Clark, and continued all day long. Later when I have some pudding and relax on the couch, I'll probably feel some more. 

I'm 17 weeks today, meaning that it's really close to the time when I get to find out the gender! I was hoping that they would do an ultrasound at my appointment today since I'm a new patient, but they didn't. However, Derek came with me and he got to hear the heart beat! That was really cool. It's nice and strong! The medical assistant would find the baby's heart beat and then it would fade because the baby would move away. So she would move the sensor, find a strong heart beat, and the baby would move away again. He/She even kicked at it a couple times! 

But the most exciting news: I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT on MAY 10th TO FIND OUT THE GENDER! 

It's going to be a long two weeks. But, if this little pea keeps moving as much as I felt today, then the wait won't be all that bad.

After my appointment we stopped by Abbie and Adam's to visit for a little bit. Jace climbed on my lap and I told him that I had a baby in my tummy. (The first time I told him this was back in March when my sisters came up for a surprise birthday visit. He kept coming to me and saying, "Hold it?" I kept having to tell him we had to wait. So cute!)
 His eyes got wide, and I said, "That's right! There's a baby in there." Off and on throughout the rest of our visit he would turn to me and touch my stomach and say, "There's a baby in there." 

1 comment:

  1. So exciting!!! ...I cant wait to hear what you guys are having(:

    ReplyDelete