Derek and I both have quite challenging semesters ahead of us. Our classes require a lot of us outside of class, and so our lives are quite boring. We go to school, come home, do homework, eat, do more homework, and go to bed. So once Derek got off work tonight we came home and decided that we would work on homework and make an FHE treat.
Our treat was a recipe I saw on Pinterest today. I call it Marshmallowy Goodness Popcorn.
You will need:
12 cups of popcorn
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
Mini marshmallows
Our 12 cups of popped popcorn.
First, you melt the butter and brown sugar in the microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. Mine was done at 1 1/2 minutes, but the original recipe says 2. Then, add the marshmallows. ADD AS MANY AS YOU WANT. I love to add tons more marshmallows than called for in any recipe requiring marshmallows, so that my treat is an ooey gooey sticky mess.
Mix the marshmallows into the melted butter and brown sugar mixture and make sure that they get coated. Then microwave until marshmallows are melted. To avoid over-microwaving, I just did 30 second intervals, stirring after each time.
And this is what you will get! Look at how lovely and marshmallowy that looks!
Then you pour it over your popcorn and stir it all together to make sure that all of the corn gets coated in the marshmallow goodness.
And ta da!! There you have it folks. Marshmallowy Goodness Popcorn. Not as yummy to me as caramel corn, but still very good and really easy to make. It probably took us a total of 8 minutes to make this popcorn.
LOOK AT THAT. So good. So good.
Happy FHE to us!
Don't mind how terrible I look in this picture. I had worked out earlier that evening, I have "washing my face hair", and no make up. And please forgive my poor photography skills. Me + Camera Phone + A Husband who is a foot taller than me = his head being cut off in just about every picture I take.







That's so funny, because that's exactly what we made last week for family night! We thought it was good, but prefer caramel corn. Although Tanner said it was better the next morning after storing it in an airtight tupperware container. We miss you guys!
ReplyDelete