I am 14 weeks today! This means that I am officially in the second trimester of my pregnancy.
Here's what I experienced in the first trimester:
- No morning sickness. Or any-other-time-of-the-day sickness. I am very lucky to have had it so easy, but I believe I won't know just how lucky unless I do get sick with another pregnancy in the future.
- Tenderness in the... well, it really hurt to give Derek a hug. Let's just leave it at that.
- Tired beyond belief. I am usually tired throughout most of my day due to lack of a proper sleep schedule and doing too much. But I was more tired than I had ever felt before! I took 3-4 hour naps each day in the afternoon and slept just fine at night. (However, I do believe that the tiredness I will feel once the baby is actually here will blow the current tired feeling out of the water.)
- Craving sweet things! ...more than usual. I have a big sweet tooth. I guess you could say that it runs in my family. But in the course of one day I would want (in no particular order): no bake cookies, cinnamon rolls, Hershey's kisses, ice cream, brownies, and a sweet pretzel with caramel sauce. Yeah, it was bad.
And last, but definitely not least...
SO MUCH EXCITEMENT. This symptom hasn't gone away, and I don't think it will! I am so excited to be a mom! I am constantly reading about what is developing this week in this little pea. My thoughts are consumed with "What's it gonna be? Boy or girl?" My family has told me multiple times that they're excited to know "what kind I'm growing".
I'm so happy that I get to be a mom, and am loving pregnancy so far!
P.S. Derek comes home in 8 days!

You look so cute!!!! That is awesome that you weren't sick...I wouldn't wish that evilness on any one!!! (: I'm def right there with ya about the not-normal-sweet-tooth!!! And I cant wait till you guys find out...!!!
ReplyDelete