Friday, April 20, 2012

Exquisite Joy

I've been procrastinating. I have been home since 2:30 this afternoon, and so far all I have done is take my Anatomy & Physiology Test (perfect score, by the way). My thoughts are the main culprit for causing me to procrastinate. I cannot help but think about what a blessing it is to be married to someone who is my best friend, who makes me laugh every single day, and who I love more than I understand. The beauty and great blessing of temple ordinances then hopped onto that train of thought, and it made me smile inside and tear up a little on the outside about how wonderful it is that I get to be with Derek forever. And this tiny little baby will be a part of our eternal family. We will get to be with them forever. 

It's amazing.

So while I was procrastinating, I decided to be creative so that my time wasn't completely unproductive! Thus, I put my energy into making these:

I love this quote. I put this together using a quote from Elder Richard G. Scott. The full quote reads: 

"I know the exquisite joy that comes from an eternal marriage sealed at a temple altar through the holy sealing power. When there is righteousness, a commitment to give of self, obedience to the commandments of God, and the resolve to seek His will in all things together, that joy is unspeakable. I do not have words to express the fulfillment and peace that flow from such a supernal experience, even when there is a temporary interruption of the glory of life together on earth. It is that joy and happiness I want so much for each of you. More importantly, that is what your Father in Heaven wants for you."

This one is all about children. It was inspired, obviously, by my thoughts about this sweet little baby Derek and I will be having in the beginning of October. 

The first half of this is from a quote by Elder Russel M. Nelson. The full quote reads: 

"Do not try to control your children. Instead, listen to them, help them to learn the gospel, inspire them, and lead them toward eternal life. You are God's agents in the care of His children He has entrusted to you. Let His divine influence remain in your hearts as you teach and persuade."

The last half of this is just thoughts that came to my mind. I love that families are forever. And it humbles me that God trusts us enough to send us His precious spirit children for us to raise, and hopefully teach, so that they will be able to make the decisions they need to in order to return to Him again.


I can't wait to meet this little baby! Goodness, I can't even wait until my next appointment! It is next Thursday, and I'm hoping that since I'm a new patient they'll do an ultrasound so I can at least see our little pea! 

It's sweet to think about how much joy will come not only from my marriage, but from the children that we will bring into our family. 
As Elder Scott says, "exquisite joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment