Wednesday, November 16, 2011

With God

Everyone feels, at one time or another, that they are not strong enough to complete the task at hand. Whether it be physically, emotionally, or spiritually strong enough it does not matter. We are all susceptible to weakness in any of these areas. 

At times I feel that I am physically too weak to stay up all night studying, go to class at 7:45 am and then take my test and score the grade I deserve. My body is not strong enough to accomplish all of that. And I have to recognize that weakness and realize that the solution is time management. By using my time more wisely I can study more effectively and have plenty of time to sleep in the evenings.

I imagine that after a deep tragedy involving oneself or one's family that they would be too emotionally weak to deal with any more stress. Even movies and books with the slightest contention as the hero overcomes a challenge cause heartache and suffering instead of the joy and enlightenment they were intended to provide. I imagine that they would feel wasted, both emotionally and physically. Maybe this person will realize that their emotional weakness can be cured. They should realize this, because it is true. I don't know what their solution would be, it is an incredibly individual decision, but therapy is helpful for most people. Being able to talk openly to someone about everything you are thinking and feeling can be very freeing and help you become more self-aware. Over time, you can become emotionally stronger.

In times of trial I believe a struggling disciple of Christ would not feel confident in their ability to withstand much more. I don't think they would find it easy to take on adversity, persecution, or more tribulation. Or maybe they are presented with a challenge and they don't think they have the faith to rise to the call. While spiritual weakness may seem like the most ambiguous, it is the most taxing. When we feel spiritually exhausted, it wears on our bodies and our emotions. This person who is struggling may find it difficult to envision, but their weaknesses can be cured. They can be turned into strengths when we humbly and faithfully lay them at Christ's feet, and let Him refine us. When we do this, our faith will be strengthened and we will see that through faith in God, all things are possible.

In Matthew 19:26 we read, "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God, all things are possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment