Monday, November 21, 2011

TOFW

This past weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to go down to Salt Lake City and go to Time Out For women with my mom and sister! It was an incredible conference, and I cannot express how inspired, motivated, and uplifted I was walking out of the Salt Palace on Saturday afternoon. 

I figured that instead of blabbing on and on and ON about everything I learned, I would just share one thought with you from my favorite speakers. The theme was "Choose to Become."

Brad Wilcox - We may be content to stay just the way we are in our imperfect, mortal state. However, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have a different plan. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. A redeemer is someone who makes us better. When we say, "I can't help it! I was just born this way, I'm lazy!" or "Sarcasm is just part of my nature, I can't do anything about it," we are stubbornly denying Christ's power. We are denying not only an opportunity to let Christ work miracles in us, but we are denying Him of His redeeming power and miraculous ability to transform us.

Hilary Weeks - Hilary shared a story about how she carried a clicker (counter) with her everywhere, and clicked for each negative thought she had. After the week of counting negativities, she felt down and depressed. She decided to make a small change to her experiment. She decided to count all of the positive things. By the end of that week she not only felt better, but had accumulated almost twice as many counts on her clicker than when she was counting the negatives. This proves that yes, our negative thoughts have power over us, but our positive thoughts have 10x that power.

Laurel Christensen - We need to pray with faith, think with faith, and live with faith. We cannot be content to just be the best "girl in a pit" or "girl cast into slavery" there ever was. (She was talking about the story of Joseph of Egypt.) We need to remember who we are, who our Heavenly Father is, and we must never lose sight of who we can be. Our Father in Heaven is ready and waiting for us to become the absolutely amazing person that He always intended for us to be.

I loved this last weekend! I cannot tell you how many times my heart was touched, how many times I laughed, and how many times I felt the spirit. Time Out For Women is an incredible opportunity. For those of you who have never gone, go! It will leave you feeling empowered and uplifted. It will leave you with the confidence that you can do anything, and that you can choose to become anything.

"All things are possible to him that believeth."
-Mark 9:23


For more information on Time Out For Women, here is their website: http://www.tofw.com/

2 comments:

  1. I really like that point by Hillary Weeks. She had written about that on her blog--which is so fun to read if you don't already! Glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely incredible! I think Brad Wilcox's talk was my favorite. He's always my favorite! I love you Tay. Thanks so much for coming down and going with me.

    ReplyDelete