Sunday, August 18, 2013

Like Mother, Like Daughter

I knew I shouldn't have consumed a caffeinated beverage at 9:30pm. It's now 3:26am, and I am still wide awake and completely unable to go to sleep. Due to the fact that I rarely consume caffeine, it has quite the effect on me and will keep me up for hours.

Now that I'm a mom, I can't have a sleepless night like this and console myself by saying, "Oh well. It's not that big of a deal. I'll just get a really good nap tomorrow." Ha, I wish. No matter how tired I am in four hours, Reece will wake up. And she will most likely be awake for at least two and a half hours before taking her morning nap. Which usually only lasts around 45 minutes anymore. And then it will be time to go to church, at which she will only take a 30 minute nap (if we're lucky), then come home and be cranky because she didn't get her usual naps, meaning that I will not get to nap. Oh, the joys and responsibilities of parenthood. (I really do love it.)

One of the consequences of me being up this late and unable to sleep is that I REDESIGNED THE BLOG. I do this all the time. I have a slight problem. But it's so fun for me! Maybe I should have been a graphic design major so that I might be able to actually know what I'm doing. Oh well.

Since sleep is on my brain, I'm going to tell you about something that I noticed recently. Whenever we put Reece down at night time, she starts out centered in her crib. However, by the time we go in to check on her a few hours later before we go to bed, she has her head pressed up against one of the sides of her crib. For the longest time I wondered why she did that. Then, I woke up the other day with my head pressed up against the window sill (our bed is right beneath our window). Needless to say, that was my lightbulb moment; Reece sleeps like I do! Like mother, like daughter.

If only I could be sleeping like my daughter is right now, my chances of playing the organ well tomorrow in sacrament meeting would be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment