Monday, August 12, 2013

Just One of Those Days

Have you ever had one of those days where you look at your sweet, miserable, teething child and wonder how you're going to make it through the day? Well, I had one of those days today.

This pretty much sums up how we felt about today.
Reece is one of the most mild-mannered, sweet, and happy babies I've ever met. But today, she was just flat out unhappy. I'm pretty sure that her right front tooth and lateral incisor are going to come through within the next couple days. The poor girl is just miserable. And today was a very difficult day. She's currently sleeping, and while I should take advantage of this time to workout, all I want to do is bake brownies and eat half the pan.

But what is truly amazing to me is that, even though today was the hardest day I've had with Reece so far, and even though I am so exhausted and have not one drop of patience or energy left, I still love that little girl with everything I have. She wears me out. She makes me feel like I have no idea what I'm doing sometimes. But she is still my world. Reece means everything to me.

So, here I am. Sitting on my couch watching Friends re-runs. Exhausted, brain-dead, and missing my husband who has been at work since 11am this morning. But still missing that sweet little baby girl who gave me a run for my money today.

And, to be perfectly honest, the brownies are in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment