Since Derek and I have been back in Washington, finding jobs has been... well, incredibly difficult. I have been lucky enough to be able to continue working at the Quilt Shop and get students for Solo & Ensemble contests. However, my poor husband has been bored silly staying at home all day every day.
A couple weeks ago, Derek got a call from Auto Zone to let him know that he had an interview! He was excited. After Derek's interview later that week, he got a phone call from Riley saying that the manager had called him as a reference. Riley gave Derek a five-star review, and in their conversation Derek jokingly said, "Hey, you should try and get me an internship where you work."
Riley said that he would ask around and see what he could do!
One thing led to another, and Derek has an internship! We are more than excited and grateful that he has been able to find a job.
However, here's the catch: it's in Arizona.
Yes. Derek will be working in Arizona. And no, I am not going there with him. I have my job at the quilt shop and students that I am accompanying for Solo & Ensemble that make it so that it would be better for me to stay here.
His internship starts on Tuesday, February 21st and lasts until April 13th. Derek will be gone for seven and a half weeks. Straight.
Thank goodness there's Skype!
No comments:
Post a Comment