Friday, December 16, 2011

My Last Thursday

Being here in Rexburg, I have loved Thursdays. Might seem like a weird thing to say. Picking one day over the other six. But it is a founded favorite, trust me.

On Thursdays my only classes are at 7:45 am and 12:45 pm. During those hours between my classes I usually am incredibly productive, getting lots of homework done and it feels great! Then, after my Pakistan class is over at 1:45 I go home to "do homework." A lot of the time I just end up playing Wii or reading my book. 

Then my favorite part comes around: I get to babysit Hallie and Jace at 4:00 pm! I love getting to spend so much time with those sweet kids. I get to see my sister, talk to her, and help her out while laughing my face off at the hilarious things my nephew does. 

Yesterday was my last Thursday watching them before Derek and I leave to go back to Washington for a few months. Man, we are going to miss The Carsons! Derek and Adam have spent multiple nights playing Xbox while Abbie and I have girl time. We have had FHE together, gone out to dinner, and just spent random afternoons together. We have loved having some of my family so close, literally within three minutes of our house. 

Here is an adorable picture of Jace. He would not smile a normal smile. He had to cheese it up. Every time.

It was so much fun. He is such a sweet little boy, smart, and funny.

Last night we had our friends the Taylors over for dinner. It makes me sad to think that we hadn't had them over before, because it was really fun! It felt good to laugh that much. We had green chile chicken enchiladas for dinner, with rice and salad. And for dessert we had sugar cookies! ...but I think this pan that I used is incredibly difficult to use without burning the edges of your cookies. Or I'm just spoiled and am used to baking on stoneware. Oh well, they still tasted great! 

Basically, I'm going to miss my Thursdays here in Rexburg. Derek and I are going to try and pack up everything today so that when tomorrow morning rolls around we can just load up the truck and drop everything off at our storage unit. I can't believe we're leaving Sunday! I'm excited, but we will definitely miss our friends and family here in Rexburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment