At the current moment I have completed my chemistry final, meaning that I am done with chemistry FOREVER! However, my journey to get here has been interesting. And when I say journey, I mean the last twelve hours.
At 8:00 pm last night I met two friends from my chemistry class in the MC to study for our final. We stayed there until 10:50 pm. When I got home, I cleaned up the kitchen a little bit, and then started to bake cookies! I figured that my good ol' chemistry friends needed a baked form of love for making it through the semester. (I made Hershey's Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Studded Oatmeal Cookies. If you want the recipe, I can give it to you or you can look it up online. They're AMAZING.)
The dough was mixed, the first batch was in the oven, and I was sitting at the bar going over pseudo rate laws, equilibrium, and the pH of acid/base solutions. Derek went to bed at 12:00am, but did I? Of course not. I stayed up until 2:15 am studying for chemistry. When it got to the point that I couldn't remember what I had just barely read from my notes, I called it a night. The cookies were done and were inside adorable snowflake cellophane bags. The laundry was in the dryer, and my teeth were brushed.
Before falling asleep I set my alarm for 5:35 am because my chemistry final started at 7:00am and I wanted to have time to go over the last portion of my notes one more time.
Oh, how I laugh at that ridiculous, hopeful ambition.
I woke up this morning to Derek's alarm. In my mind I was wondering why his alarm was going off... usually I don't hear it. And then it hit me. It's going off and I'm hearing it because it's 6:45 am and I am still in bed! I sat up like a bullet (how do bullets sit up anyway? I imagine it'd be fast), looked over at the clock, and saw that it was indeed 6:45am.
My chemistry final started in fifteen minutes, and I was still in my pajamas.
I threw on some jeans, put on a zip up hoodie, brushed my teeth, gathered my notebooks, put on my converse and pea coat and headed out the door. I was in the car at 6:49 am.
I am wearing yesterday's makeup. (Who has the energy to take off their makeup and wash their face at 2:15 am anyways?) My hair is yesterday's hair without even the finishing touch of running a straightener through the now-wavy-parts. I'm wearing my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles t-shirt that I wore to bed last night. I looked awesome I ran into my chemistry classroom with five minutes to spare, got my calculator and pencil out, and started my exam.
Surprisingly, it went really well! Now I have to wait until 10:30 am to take my last final. But all I really want to do is go home, take a bath, and finish reading Sense and Sensibility for about the sixth time.

No comments:
Post a Comment