This morning I found the first bug in our apartment. I walked into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and put in my tooth, and turned around. When I looked down I saw something that looked like a piece of gray fuzz, and as I stooped down to pick it up and throw it away I stopped. It was not fuzz. It was a small, gray, furry spider sitting perfectly still on the shelf. I froze, stared at it for a few more seconds, and despite it's very small size, I then ran from the bathroom.
"Derek! Derek, there's a bug in the bathroom and I don't want to kill it because I hate bugs but I just don't want to kill it." I watched as Derek stirred slightly. All I got was, "Just kill it."
"But I can't! I'm too scared." Yes, I pulled out the "I'm scared" card. So just as a wonderful husband does, he got up and went into the bathroom mumbling, "I was so warm...". But he took a close look at the visitor next to our "Families Are Forever" sign and said, "Yep, it's a spider." Then, as bravely as any brave man ever bravely squashed a spider with a clump of toilet paper, my husband killed it and flushed it. I gave him a big hug and said "Thank you thank you thank you!" He left and climbed back into bed.
It's a darn good thing Derek was willing to kill that spider for me. I probably wouldn't have been able to shower this morning with it in the bathroom. So everyone that sits next to me in classes or maybe even just walks by me on campus, be grateful to my spider-killing-husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment