Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Smoke-Filled Vision and G's Dairy Delights

Today has been a wonderful day, despite the beginning it had. This morning I had to wake up earlier than usual on a Wednesday, because today was the dreaded day for clean checks. However, my jobs were fairly easy and quickly accomplished, so I had a little extra time to get ready which I used to catch some more Z's.

Can you blame me? I'm a college student who's in the bad habit of falling asleep between midnight and 2 am.

After getting up, throwing myself together in two seconds, and going to a wonderful session of Doctrine and Covenants class, I went to the Verizon store to get a new charger...because my old one started smoking and I just can't tolerate that bad habit.
(To be continued)

STORY TIME: Okay, so last night as I was conversing with a friend on the phone and something starts to cloud my vision. At the same instant, I smell something hot and feel little shocks up and down my left hand which was holding my cell phone to my face.  I pulled my phone away to take a look, and my phone was smoking!!!! It was coming from the base of my phone, where my charger plugs in. I quickly unplugged my charger from my phone and then from the wall, and took a closer look. Upon doing so I discovered a few small spots where the wire had started to wear away, and when I held the wire in a certain spot, there was a bright orange spark! So I quickly took my charger and put it on my shelf, away from all other objects, and went to sleep.

(Previously on "The Daily Tantrum")
"After getting up, throwing myself together in two seconds, and going to a wonderful session of Doctrine and Covenants class, I went to the Verizon store to get a new charger...because my old one started smoking and I just can't tolerate that bad habit."
The charger ended up being $30. How ridiculous is that? A wall charger for a phone that not only came out two and a half years ago, but also has a lot of problems, costs only twenty dollars less than what it costs to replace the phone if it dies on you (which it will, frequently).  So, that was stupid. But then I went to math class and we played a game called Function Fish. Similar to Go Fish, but instead of asking for multiples of one number, you ask someone for a certain type of function (e.g. "Cory, do you have a quadratic function?"), and if Cory has an equation, a graph, a data table, or a real world application that is quadratic, he has to give you that card.  Overall it was an enjoyable game and it helped me to recognize the different functions faster and with greater ease. Kudos to you, Function Fish.

After class, I came back to my apartment and quickly devoted myself to my studies...and then quickly shut my laptop and took a 45 minute nap. I mean, I wasn't getting anything done because I kept falling asleep, so what was the use in trying?! Afterward, I really devoted myself to my studies and got quite a bit done.  

 Yesterday, today, and extending through tomorrow, G's is having a special!! Any single scoop ice cream cone or sugar cone is only $1 and any waffle cone or waffle bowl is $2!!! What a steal for great ice cream from a cute little place, and in a waffle bowl for only $2. So Derek and I went to G's and Abbie and Jace met us there for a fun treat.  Jace was being sooo cute! He would close his lips and make it so you couldn't see them anymore, and then try and talk to you! Making cute little sounds and grinning with his lips clenched together created an adorable moment that we couldn't pass up. Abbie took a video and sent it to Mom, and she replied, "Okay, it's agreed. He is the cutest boy EVER!" 

I have to say, I agree on every aspect. Although I might be bias considering I'm his aunt... whatever.

So today was good. I have a clean apartment, my homework is done, and I got to spend time with my wonderful sister and her darling little boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment