Isn't she so cute? And she's only gotten cuter over these three years.
We started her birthday with the opening of a present. It was a new outfit that she could wear for the day. After we opened the present, got dressed, fixed hair (just how she wanted it), we went to Fred Meyer to get donuts and chocolate milk! That was her requested breakfast.
After she finished her donut and chocolate milk, we went to the park to meet up with Grandma Jerri, Courtney, Piper, and Cooper. The kids played and played and played, and then we stopped and had a picnic lunch together.
These two kill me. They play together so well and are two little peas in a pod. Even when it comes to taking pictures, neither of them can muster up the desire to give a smile. They're still too cute for words!
The sun was really bright and was shining right in their eyes, thus the matching poses where they're shielding their eyes. The park was a lot of fun, but eventually it was time to go home and move on to other things.
When we got home Reece got to choose a movie to watch. I popped her some popcorn and she happily sat and watched Big Hero 6. While she was watching her movie I baked her birthday cake. It was my first time making a funfetti cake from scratch, and I had so much fun! Reece loved that I was making her a "sprinkle cake". I am no professional cake decorator, but I was fairly proud of the final product! Reece loved it, and that's what most important.
We had macaroni and cheese with green beans for dinner. Reece would live her entire life eating nothing but macaroni and cheese, apple slices, and grapes if I let her. But I don't. Meanest mom ever, I know. After dinner we had family come over and we got the party started!
I didn't get any pictures of the birthday girl being sung to and blowing out her candles, but I know that my mom did. I'll have to snag those pictures from her phone. The party was wonderful, Reece had a blast, and most of all I think she loved having her family there with her. Grandmas, grandpas, cousins, aunts, and uncles are the best!
This picture was taken after the festivities, so I had already changed into my sweats. I can hardly stand to wear jeans for a few hours at a time any more. Yay pregnancy!
Reece is a sassy smarty-pants and she's too cute for her own good. She makes my days brighter by filling them with love and laughter. Reece Averie, Mom and Dad love you so, so, so much!













No comments:
Post a Comment