When we got there and were in our seats, we were seated in the bleachers up on the side. Which isn't necessarily a bad spot to be in, unless the person you're there to see and support walks in and sits on the opposite side. Derek was the first to walk in! We didn't expect him to be first, and so while we were scanning the people behind him, his mom goes, "Isn't that Derek? Isn't that his walk?" And it was!
There was one point in the commencement ceremony where they had the graduates stand up, turn around, and applaud the members of their family that supported them and got them through these years. It may seem really silly, but as I sat there and watched Derek stand and clap and smile at me, my eyes filled with tears. I was just so proud of him and for all he had accomplished, and feeling his gratitude to me for the help I gave made me emotional. It made me realize just how much I love him and how I would do anything for him.
After the commencement ceremony we went to get lunch and then went on to the hooding ceremony. After the hooding, we were done! I am so proud of Derek for not only making the decision to get his master's degree, but making it through despite going to school full-time and working full-time. I have the best husband ever!

Where's Reece?
She loved riding the little train from Tacoma Dome station up to UW-T.
Derek's hooding ceremony.
Where's Dad?
This is one of my all-time favorite pictures of these two!
The Sunday after Derek graduated we had his family over to my parent's house for a big BBQ to celebrate his graduation. I am so grateful for the wonderful family that I married into, and for all of the love and support that they give to us.
On Saturday night, Derek, Reece, and I went out to Olive Garden for dinner. We had a gift card that we'd won at Christmastime and still had not used it. During dinner I gave Derek a card, and a big surprise. I planned out a trip for just the two of us on the Oregon coast, and we leave Monday! He was completely surprised and excited. Pictures to come from our trip!










No comments:
Post a Comment