Sunday, February 9, 2014

Three Years (Plus One Month and Twelve Days) & Paige's Wedding

Derek and I have been married for three years! And since I'm blogging this a little late, we've currently been married for three years, one month, and twelve days. Things that happened during our third year of marriage:
  • Reece started crawling, took her first steps, and turned a year old! She's growing way too fast.
  • We moved back to Rexburg for the last time.
  • We graduated!
  • Derek completed an internship with a local Accounting Firm, and then landed an internship in South Carolina after graduation.
  • I completed my internship as a  Wellness Coach for the Biggest Winner.
  • We welcomed three new nieces and a nephew to our family.
That obviously isn't a comprehensive list, but it's all I can think of right now. We got to spend our anniversary in a really fun and special way this year. My beautiful cousin, Paige, got married! So we got to spend the day up at the temple for her wedding, we went out to lunch with her and her family, and then went to their reception later that evening. It was such a perfect way to spend our anniversary! Getting to be there in the temple when Paige got married was wonderful, and it was a great way to remind ourselves of the promises Derek and I had made to each other just three years ago.

After the ceremony, we all went outside for pictures. Here are some of my favorites.

Paige and Solon


The Smith Family (left), and the beautiful Bronson girls (right). We don't get to see the Smiths often enough, so it was really good to see them at the wedding!

Beautiful Family!
Paige and I on her wedding day (top), and us at my wedding day (bottom).
It made me so happy to be there when Paige got married. We have known each other since we were tiny little babes, and I love her!

My awesome parents.

My beautiful sister and mom.

You'll have to excuse my face in this picture. We had been asking her to do that for five minutes, and so I was surprised and happy that she did it for the camera.
The laughter that followed after the previous picture.
I promise I fixed Reece's hair before we left for the temple. And again when we got to the temple. And again after the ceremony. She just can't keep her cute, pudgy little hands out of it! So her hair always looks like she just woke up after sleeping through a hurricane.

This picture cracks me up! My dad tried to photo-bomb us over Derek's shoulder. Derek. Who is 6'4". Not the most effective way to photo-bomb.
I love my little family!
It was a wonderful day at the temple, and the reception later that night was beautiful! Not only did they have delicious treats, but it was so warm and comfortable, and the decorations were perfect. 

Derek and I left the reception early, gave Reece to my parents, and we went out to do a little shopping and catch a movie. While this was definitely the most simple anniversary celebration we've had, it was one of my favorites.



I love Derek more now than I ever thought I would. It's common for people to say that about their spouses, but you never realize how true it is until you experience it. He is one of the hardest working people I know. He loves me not only for who I am, but for the potential person that I could become and constantly encourages me to follow my dreams and reach my goals. I love that he knows me better than anyone else. He is everything to me. Being without him for the past month has been more difficult than I imagined. But it's all for the future good of our family, and he has the short end of the stick in this situation. And yet, I complain about being away from each other more than he does. He's amazing. Since the first three years of our marriage have been this good, I can't wait for the rest! 

1 comment: