Friday, April 5, 2013

Reece: Six Months

Whenever I would hear people talking about their babies and how old they are I always felt like anything 5 months and younger was still a tiny infant, but once they hit six months they became this big, grown up little baby. Contradicting, I know. And now Reece is six months. Now she is that big, grown up little baby.

Reece is growing like a chubby little weed! She weighs 16 pounds (50th percentile) and is 26.5 inches long (78th percentile). She was long and skinny when she was born, and now she's getting some meat on her bones! I love it. She's our little chunk and she couldn't be any cuter!

Some of her new favorite things are:

- Rolling around EVERYWHERE. I can't take my eyes off of her for a second when I'm changing her diaper or else I see a little naked bum rolling away from me.
- Saying "dada" over and over again. Especially when she's excited/angry/bored/happy/sad/tired. So... pretty much all the time.
- Hearing the itsy bitsy spider, little bunny foo foo, and you are my sunshine. Those always make her smile.
- Breathing in and out really fast through her nose when she gets excited or angry. She saw a video of her cousin Piper doing it and has been copying her ever since.
- Spinning on her tummy. She's getting really good at spinning around and has recently discovered how to scoot backwards.
- Reaching out and grabbing anything within her reach. Especially bracelets, binkies, clothes, or people.
- Watching Daddy dance like a crazy man. Makes her smile every time.

Reece is just the happiest most relaxed baby. Ever. She loves pretty much everybody and will go see anyone.  I love how she lights up every time she sees Derek. She is a smart little girl. You look at her and you can just see her wheels turning as she is soaking up everything you're saying and doing.

I am always torn between wanting my little, tiny, newborn Reece back and being so excited for all the fun things that are about to come! She is the sweetest little girl who has a smile for everyone at any time, day or night. We love our Reece Averie!















No comments:

Post a Comment